Grants Consultant – Higher Education Programmatic Focus- Contract Position
Hanover’s Grants Consultants work alongside Content Directors and Researchers providing grant support services to Hanover’s higher education clients. On a project-by-project basis, the Grants Consultant will be responsible for assessing appropriate fit of programmatic funding programs, consulting with clients on concept development, researching justification for program designs, and writing and revising proposal narratives to ensure competitiveness against funder requirements. This is an ideal role for helping institutions of higher education to become more effective in carrying out their missions. This position will be on a contract basis, with the specific scope of work agreed upon at the start of each project.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Write and revise proposal narratives focused on improving higher education, to optimize competitiveness;
- Work closely with clients to create strong grant proposals from conception to submission;
- Provide highly professional consultative service to clients throughout the grant writing process;
- Manage remote proposal development teams to ensure all proposals are submitted in a timely manner;
- Independently create client-ready deliverables with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Manage tight deadlines to create proposals and deliverables requiring few edits quickly;
- Experience writing and researching for a professional audience;
- Ability both to accept and to provide constructive feedback;
- Strong fact-checking, writing, and editing skills in the English language;
- Strong interest in prospect research, fundraising strategy, grant writing, and the organizations we serve;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and work ethic;
- Proven academic achievement;
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in an education- or writing-related discipline, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
3-5 years’ experience as a grant writer, reviewer, and/or editor with hands-on proposal support and/or grant writing experience. Prior experience working with federal funding agencies, namely the US Department of Education, is required.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (proposal, professional correspondence, or similar business sample) at:
About Hanover Research:
Founded in 2003, Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that delivers market intelligence through a unique, fixed-fee model to more than 1,000 clients. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account executives to provide a service that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and by the Insights Association in 2019 and 2020. To learn more about Hanover Research, visit www.hanoverresearch.com
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.