Manager, Survey Operations
The Manager, Survey Operations will oversee a team of analysts who administer more than 2,000 surveys Hanover launches per year. The manager will work directly with Hanover project managers and external sample vendors to complete core duties. This position allows for the swift development of knowledge and skills related to operational and talent management. Prior experience with designing, administering, or analyzing online surveys is required. The position provides the opportunity to develop a relationship with a young and rapidly-growing enterprise. This position will report directly to the Managing Director of Corporate Survey or the Managing Director of Education Survey.
- Oversee all stages of survey distribution for a high-volume of surveys;
- Develop survey samples and administration protocol;
- Quality control online survey questionnaires;
- Coordinate survey launch logistics and troubleshoot as needed;
- Monitor data collection to ensure all surveys are performing at optimal levels;
- Process survey incentives;
- Manage participant questions.
- Manage a team of analysts; responsible for resource allocation (operations) and professional development (talent management)
- Serve as an expert/consultant on survey design, sampling plans, and data collection strategies
- Oversee skills training and internal process improvement initiatives related to survey operation functioning
- Serve as main contact to Hanover’s panel partners to ensure effectiveness and efficiency; proactively address issues that arise
- Identify and vet new sample partners as necessary to meet project needs
Desired Skills and Attributes
The following experience is required:
- Consummate attention to detail;
- Expert in organizing and prioritizing;
- Apt problem solver;
- Highly responsive to requests and able to balance competing demands;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
- Ability to deal constructively with feedback and critique.
- Experience in a research role (academic or professional);
- Experience designing, administering, and/or analyzing surveys.
Background in Business, Economics, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered. Bachelor's degree not required.
2-3 years of business or academic experience conducting research, survey design/analysis, or professional writing. Proficiency with MS Excel and Qualtrics. Applied market research experience is preferred.
How to Apply:
- Starting at 18+ days Paid Time Off
- 11 observed holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People Day and an additional 2 floating days in a calendar year
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
- Community service opportunities
- Unlimited snacks and beverages (when the office opens again)
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (consisting of no more than 8 pages on an education or business related topic preferably) at:
About Hanover Research:
Founded in 2003, Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that delivers market intelligence through a unique, fixed-fee model to more than 1,000 clients. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account executives to provide a service that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and by the Insights Association in 2019 and 2020. To learn more about Hanover Research, visit www.hanoverresearch.com
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.