Research Analyst, Survey Design and Analysis—All Practice Areas
The Research Analyst will work closely with a Content Director and individual clients to design surveys that deliver actionable content addressing various market research questions. The ideal candidate will draw upon powerful logical thinking skills and advanced proficiency with survey technology to design survey instruments focused towards a target audience with extreme accuracy. This position will allow for the swift development and refinement of a comprehensive set of market research skills and provides the opportunity to develop a relationship with a young and rapidly-growing enterprise. We expect all employees to be intellectually curious, ambitious, and interested in assuming increasing levels of responsibility. This position will report directly to both the Survey Research Manager and the practice area specific Managing Content Director.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2017 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm and a 2015 Washington Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Company.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Develop survey instruments that deliver actionable content to address clients’ research questions;
- Manage tight deadlines to create reports requiring few edits quickly;
- Develop survey samples and administration protocol;
- Create high quality, tailored surveys that require little to no editing time;
- Write survey questions that are grammatically correct and logically consistent to generate pertinent information in an efficient manner;
- Program surveys into one of Hanover Research’s platforms;
- Coordinate survey launch logistics and troubleshoot as needed;
- Monitor data collection to ensure all surveys are performing at optimum levels;
- Analyze survey data to prepare charts and other data output tools explaining these results.
- Strong command of primary, secondary, and quantitative methodologies and procedures;
- Willingness to tackle complex, often unfamiliar research requests;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Ability to proofread and edit research projects while providing constructive feedback;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience writing and researching for a business or professional audience;
- Experience in an undergraduate or graduate research role (institutional research, assessment, etc.) is preferred;
- Willingness and ability to pick up new quantitative skills and market research methodologies as necessary and apply them in new contexts;
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively;
- Demonstrable problem solving skills;
- Strong command of the English language and demonstrated writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
- Proven academic achievement;
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline is preferred.
Fulll-time work experience conducting research, survey design/analysis or professional writing. Professional or academic survey design credentials highly preferred.
- Base salary
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Advancement and management opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (consisting of no more than 8 pages on an education or business related topic preferably) at :http://careers.hanoverresearch.com/current-openings/
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.