Business Development Associate, Corporate
Entry Level & Early in Career, Full-time Position
Arlington, VA; Remote option available (Currently remote because of COVID19)
What makes Hanover a great place to work? When you join Hanover, you will be part of a high growth, pre-IPO company that helps companies solve some of their biggest growth challenges. We leverage our proprietary research process, technology, and data to guide our clients to important decisions around their customer experience, new markets, and new product development. Our Business Development Associates are the fuel to our sales engine and vital to our lead generation. As a BDA you will start the process of developing a long-term relationship with our future clients which ultimately helps them solve big problems. If you like working in a fun, collaborative, high performing, entrepreneurial environment with unlimited career advancement opportunities, Hanover is the place for you.
Why is being a Business Development Associate (BDA) a great way to start your career? What’s in it for you? Glad you asked.
What does a Business Development Associate (BDA) do?
- Earning Potential – Opportunity to make $55-$65k+ annually plus an attractive signing bonus for qualified candidates. This position provides uncapped variable compensation potential.
- Growth Advancements – Top performers often experience an accelerated promotion track within and beyond the Business Development Associate role to higher earning positions within the first 12-18 months.
- Training and Mentorship Program & Develop Sales Skills – Award-winning formalized training program that starts with comprehensive onboarding and continues throughout all levels of your career that is coupled with mentorship by experienced sales directors, peers, and top executives.
- Buildable Business Skills for All Industries – Learn fundamental business and sales skills very quickly. From day one, you will have exposure to the challenge’s businesses and C-Level executives face and interact with them daily, building your professional network and understanding faster than peers at other organizations. Example clients: Wayfair, Georgetown University, BIC, and UVA (just to name a few).
- Culture - Hanover has a strong culture of collaboration and meritocracy. Your success is based on your performance-not on how long you have been here or who you know. This allows for more rapid career advancement and earning potential than other organizations. You are not alone in hitting your performance targets. With a strong training and management team, you have day to day support to achieve your goals. And then there are your colleagues, who are not competing with you, but cheering you on with each milestone you hit in your Hanover career.
- Office Perks – Our team is friendly and collaborative and when we are in the office, we provide free snacks and fun incentives (including D.C. sporting events, days off). We believe that time off and community is important, and we give 6 weeks paid time off including paid holidays, and community service opportunities.
What are the requirements?
- Prospect and Engage with the Best – Engage with potential new clients including CEOs, Presidents, other executives, and leaders and create prospecting points to best market Hanover Research’s capabilities so they will say “yes” to partnering with us to further their strategic goals.
- Outreach – Use cold-calling and cold-emailing to secure new business conversations with for-profit companies.
- Organize – Build organizational skills as you maintain a territory, ongoing outreach, and your assigned Sales Director’s calendar.
- Collaborate – Help your Sales Director manage the sales pipeline and achieve annual revenue goals by engaging prospects throughout the steps of the sales cycle.
What is Hanover Research?
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred; all majors are accepted. Don’t have a degree? We would still love to hear from you.
- 0 - 2 years of work experience; previous leadership, sales, professional, or internship experience.
- Goal oriented and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- Digital acumen a plus- particularly in using social media and email campaigns.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that can engage C-Level executives
- Problem-solving and time management skills
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover Research is a brain trust designed to level the information playing field. Our research teams support thousands of organizational decisions every year by delivering affordable, tailored research. Hanover operates on an annual, fixed-fee model, and partnership provides our clients with access to a team of high-caliber researchers, survey experts, analysts, and statisticians with a diverse set of skills in market research, information services, and analytics.
Hanover serves over 1,000 organizations worldwide from established global organizations to emerging companies and educational institutions. From CEOs and CMOs to Superintendents, Provosts and Chief Academic Officers, to VPs of Finance and Heads of Advancement, our research informs decisions at all levels and across departments capitalizing on our exposure to myriad industries and challenges.
What are previous Associates saying?
“I chose to begin my career as a Business Development Associate at Hanover for many reasons. Ultimately, I was seeking to start a foundation in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that would challenge me to think critically each day and reward me for doing so. Hanover has matched these expectations and has delivered even more. During my time as a Business Development Associate, I have had the great opportunity to gain more exposure to top executives, develop more successful business acumen, and capitalize on my growth mindset attitude. That said, this role really allows you to define your level of success. Hard work and an appetite for knowledge are reciprocated by more success, larger commission payouts, and accelerated career development.
Aside from the role, the people within Hanover and the BDA team are some of the most supportive, fun-spirited individuals I have met and have made working at Hanover that much more exciting!
Join Our Team - How to Apply
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we want to hear from you. Get your mock pitch skills ready and submit your cover letter, resume, and writing sample to:
About Hanover Research:
Founded in 2003, Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that delivers market intelligence through a unique, fixed-fee model to more than 1,000 clients. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account executives to provide a service that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and by the Insights Association in 2019 and 2020. To learn more about Hanover Research, visit www.hanoverresearch.com.
- Starting at 18+ days Paid Time Off
- 11 observed holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People Day and an additional 2 floating days in a calendar year
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
- Community service opportunities
- Unlimited snacks and beverages (when the office opens again)
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.