Business Development Associate, Hanover Research - Entry Level
Why be a Business Development Associate (BDA)?
Full-time Business Position
What does a Business Development Associate do?
- Buildable Business Skills for All Industries – It is a great way to learn buildable and fundamental business skills, especially right out of college, to gain vital experience in a corporate setting. You will strategically manage a territory, handle objections via cold-calling and cold-emailing, learn vital interpersonal communication skills and can sell to top executives and leaders within the country (Presidents, CEOs, VPs, Superintendents, etc.). Example clients: Wayfair, Georgetown University, BIC, and UVA (just to name a few).
- Growth Advancements and Earning Potential – Opportunity to make $50-$60k annually. Additionally, top performers often experience an accelerated promotion track beyond the Associate role to higher earning positions within the first 12-18 months. We actively promote our BDA’s for all departments within Hanover Research except our research department.
- Training and Mentorship Program – Robust training program to gain knowledge in how to best prospect and pitch potential new clients by cold-calling or cold-emailing so that they agree to partner with us.
- Office Perks – Friendly work environment, free snacks, monthly incentives (including D.C. sporting events, days off, monetary bonuses), 6 weeks PTO including paid holidays and monthly community service opportunities.
- Challenge yourself every day – Associates use critical thinking and advanced strategy to apply research solutions and effectively market Hanover to a diverse set of organizations and prospects.
- Prospect – Seek and go after potential new clients and create prospecting points to best market Hanover Research’s capabilities to companies and decision-makers so they will say “yes” to partnering with us.
What makes an associate successful?
- Outreach – Use cold-calling and cold-emailing to secure new business conversations with K-12 school districts, or higher education universities and colleges.
- Organize – Build organizational and time management skills as you maintain a territory, ongoing outreach, and your assigned Sales Director’s calendar.
- Collaborate – Help your assigned Sales Director manage the sales pipeline and achieve annual revenue goals by engaging prospects throughout the steps of the sales cycle.
Location: Arlington, VA (Currently Remote due to COVID)
- Confidence – You are a confident “go-getter” comfortable engaging with all levels of business professionals, has strong communication skills and likes to talk to anyone and everyone.
- Being Goal Oriented – You are motivated by clear cut goals and a transparent metrics-based work environment and thrive in a friendly competitive environment.
- Personable – You enjoy talking to people and can relate to everyone in all walks of life. You are not afraid to talk on the phone and can be persuasive when you need to be.
- Tenacious – You are resilient when faced with adversity on the phone. You refuse to let objections slow you down and are looking to fast-track your career and move into more senior roles.
What is Hanover Research?
- A Bachelor’s degree, all majors are accepted
- 0 - 2 years of work experience; previous leadership, professional, or internship experience.
- Comfortable with cold-calling and or talking to people.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality custom research to clients through an annual, fixed-fee model. The company primarily focuses on serving for-profit companies, higher education institutions, and K-12 school districts. Our status as one of the fastest growing market research firms in the industry is driven by our commitment to client success and focus on internal employee development, respect, and encouragement.
What are previous Associates saying?
"I chose to begin my career as a sales associate with Hanover Research for a few reasons; number one being the meritocratic nature of the role and the organization. The Business Development Associate position really is a role where you can define your own levels of success by how much effort you put into your outreach and territory. Hard work and an appetite for knowledge are reciprocated by more success, larger commission payouts, and accelerated career development. That said, I’m also a huge fan of the collegiate work environment and culture of the Business Development Associate group at Hanover.
In summary, the Business Development Associate role at Hanover is a great place for folks looking to start their careers in highly driven, fast paced work environment where learning is encouraged and opportunities for career development are abundant."
- Cameron Manley
How to Apply
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume and writing sample to:
About Hanover Research:
Founded in 2003, Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that delivers market intelligence through a unique, fixed-fee model to more than 1,000 clients. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account executives to provide a service that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and by the Insights Association in 2019 and 2020. To learn more about Hanover Research, visit www.hanoverresearch.com.
- Starting at 18+ days Paid Time Off
- 11 observed holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People Day and an additional 2 floating days in a calendar year
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
- Community service opportunities
- Unlimited snacks and beverages (when the office opens again)
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.