HR Business Partner
Arlington, VA -- remote option available
Hanover Research is seeking a HR Business Partner to help achieve business objectives through a progressive People Strategy. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, you will provide strategic and hands-on organizational support to C-suite Executives, Senior leaders, and employees across Hanover. You will be part of the People Team leadership, working with a highly collaborative team of Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and HR Operations members.
If you are creative, curious, data-driven, courageous, collaborative, and optimistic – if you understand that keeping a sense of humor and having fun along the way is critical – if you are looking to join a team where you’ll be instrumental in shaping company culture in all facets of Talent Management including Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, employee experience & engagement, total rewards, performance management, succession planning, and employee relations - we want to talk to you.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for employees and leaders in the business building a strong business relationship.
- Partnering and consulting with C-Suite Executives, Sr. Leaders, other departments (Recruiting, Learning & Development, Benefits, etc.), and across business units to align People strategy to business strategy, provide HR guidance when appropriate, actively identifying gaps, proposing and implementing solutions.
- Acts as a member of the People Team Leadership helping to develop team members.
- Designing, implementing, and improving employee engagement programs that will help with retention efforts.
- Designing and implementing performance management/alignment processes across departments.
- Managing bi-annual and annual performance review processes across departments in performance management system, liaising with leaders and outside vendors.
- Providing day-to-day coaching to leaders and performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, career development, disciplinary actions), coaching employees through Performance Improvement Plans.
- Providing guidance on workforce planning and succession planning.
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues, conducting thorough and objective investigations.
- Partnering with outside counsel on international employees with visa and sponsorship obtainment.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring compliance. Partnering with outside legal counsel as needed/required.
- Staying up to date of new systems that could be implemented or updated across the department.
- Designing, fielding, and analyzing surveys to inform business decisions and collect employee feedback.
- Taking knowledge of the business to frame data in a meaningful way when making recommendations. Translates data into action and leads the implementation of data-supported plans.
- Ability to see patterns, diagnose issues, and recommend and develop both immediate and long-term solutions and mechanisms.
- Manages and develops an HR Operations team.
- 8+ years experience as an HRBP in a company size of 500+ with revenue 100M+
- 2 years managing other HRBPs or HR Ops
- Public company experience a plus
- Experience with full suite of Talent Management solutions including
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategy
- Organizational Development
- Performance Management
- Employee Engagement
- Total Rewards
- System Implementation experience desired
- Implementation of data-driven systems and improvements in how the People Team delivers on our People Strategy
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- 11 observed holidays, plus an additional 2 floating days in a calendar year
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPC
How to apply:
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
Hanover has been named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association/GreenBook Market Leaders Report every year since 2015, and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same.
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle.
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best.
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.