Senior Research Participant Recruiter, Qualitative
The Senior Research Participant Recruiter (SRPR) will support Hanover’s qualitative team with the participant recruitment tasks associated with the execution of in-depth interview studies, focus groups, and other qualitative studies. In addition, this role is in charge of managing panel vendor relationships, executing quality control checks on sample builds and client-provided contact lists, and determining the feasibility of sample parameters for qualitative studies. The Senior RPR will work directly with Hanover client relationship managers, qualitative researchers, and external vendors to complete core duties. This is an administrative position that provides the opportunity to develop a relationship with a young and rapidly-growing enterprise. We expect all employees to be intellectually curious, ambitious, and interested in assuming increasing levels of responsibility. Prior experience as a participant recruiter in market research is required, existing relationships with panel vendors strongly preferred.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Review client project objectives and sample specifications to develop and execute a recruitment (screening) plan that meets those objectives, including brainstorming creative ways to reach target audiences
- Manage and coordinate projects with third-party recruitment vendors and focus group facilities
- Clean client sample lists and maintain records securely, prioritizing participant privacy and ensuring compliance with regulations (e.g., GDPR, Sunshine Act, etc.)
- Build sample lists in accordance with project parameters using a variety of data sourcing tools and strategies
- Design, program, test, and launch online screening surveys using Qualtrics
- Assess recruitment feasibility for new projects and work with sales team and/or client relationship managers to prepare cost proposals and timelines for ad-hoc work
- Recruit research participants using email outreach and (if necessary) phone calls
- Effective problem solving: monitor project status, proactively identify problems and troubleshoot recruitment roadblocks
- Proactive communication: provide regular fielding updates to internal team members and respond to project related emails
- Identify and provide suggestions for improving process efficiencies in participant recruitment
- Enforce quality control procedures for sample and outreach across the team
- Set up and maintain a tracking spreadsheet for each study
- Applicants with established panel vendor relationships preferred
- Applicants experienced with Qualtrics will be prioritized
- Consummate attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Expert in organizing and prioritizing across multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly responsive to requests and able to balance competing demands
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal constructively with feedback and critique
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
A Bachelor’s degree in business, information science, social science or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
4-6 years of full-time work in participant recruitment is strongly preferred.
Arlington, VA or remote
- Base salary
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Advancement opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (consisting of no more than 8 pages on an education or business related topic preferably) at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.