Account Manager, Higher Education
The Account Manager ensures service delivery to existing clients and conducts renewal and relationship-expansion conversations with senior-level decision-makers across the Higher Education vertical.
Our Account Management team plays a critical role in driving the growth and expansion of our firm. They are passionate about the markets we serve and are dedicated to high-performance.
Remote currently due to COVID19
Office is located in Arlington, Virginia
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Building relationships with current clients through demonstration of in-depth institutional knowledge, understanding of specific institutional needs or priorities, and the ability to propose custom research solutions;
- Navigating Hanover’s partnership offerings on behalf of the organization, ensuring the appropriate service is provided to meet the client’s needs;
- Determining appropriate tactics to drive urgency in the renewal and upsell cycle;
- Creating the opportunity to expand existing relationships through cross-sell opportunities of other service offerings;
- Educating contacts on the benefits of Hanover's products and services through compelling articulation of our business model and value proposition;
- Creating customized account plans for each organization, outlining service delivery and revenue-growth strategies for existing and potential clients;
- Collaborating with the Content team to ensure targeted and substantive solution delivery;
- Meet challenging monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals;
- Predicting cash retention probability and reporting findings to senior leadership;
- Bachelor’s degree required (business, social sciences, education, communications, political science, economics, psychology, public policy preferred);
- 3-7 years of Account Management or Sales experience is highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide the highest level of client service;
- Ability to develop relationships, establish credibility, and conduct substantive content discussions with decision-makers;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong ability to think strategically about client management;
- Ability to diagnose client needs and identify relevant solutions.
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same.
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle.
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best.
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves.
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commission potential (Top performers averaging 100K+ OTE)
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- 11 observed holidays, plus an additional 2 floating days in a calendar year
- Robust training program to increase knowledge of the industries market, research methodologies, and sales skills
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Merit-based advancement and management opportunities
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
Hanover has been named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association/GreenBook Market Leaders Report every year since 2015, and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.