Content Marketing Manager
Currently remote because of COVID19
Hanover Research is seeking a Content Marketing Manager who will run the day-to-day content marketing initiatives for Hanover. This role is responsible for the creation of content marketing assets that generate awareness, consideration, and purchase including downloadable content, whitepapers, eBooks, infographics, guides, sales decks, case studies, blogs etc.
The Content Marketing Manager will work closely with the Content Marketing Director and a cross-functional team including sales, research, and account management. The ideal candidate must have prior experience working in a fast-paced, multi-channel marketing department and have proven success managing complex, content-rich marketing deliverables with multiple stakeholders from start to finish.
Writing and Content Creation:
- Manages the creation of content marketing deliverables including white papers, eBooks, infographics, guides, sales decks, case studies, video scripts, blog posts, web copy, and sales collateral.
- Develops compelling content to attract and engage site visitors through search, social media, and e-newsletter subscribers.
- Serves as the editorial lead for your assigned sector and ensures consistent brand voice.
- Partners with Digital Graphics team to create content assets in a variety of visually compelling formats.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for your assigned practice.
- Manages the ongoing content marketing initiatives including planning, execution, and delivery of all content resources.
- Establishes and manages a workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Manages and owns the Content Marketing Calendar.
- Flawlessly executes the creation of content marketing deliverables that are error-free, completed on time, and with exceptional quality.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to produce relevant content that meets the needs of our audience.
- Plans and executes the content marketing experience for Hanover in consultation with the Content Marketing Director, as well as our research and revenue team leaders.
- Can scope and ideate unique and engaging content marketing deliverables.
- Identifies and proposes ways to improve Hanover’s content marketing experience for prospects and customers.
This position requires significant attention to detail, as well as constant communication across various internal stakeholders. The successful candidate is proactive, possesses analytical aptitude, problem-solving skills, works well with others and learns quickly, as well as, the following:
Minimum Education Required:
- Excellent writer across a variety of long and short-form mediums.
- Strong ear of the market and the ability to translate the themes shaping the market research landscape into Hanover’s content marketing deliverables.
- Ability to edit writing from contractors, vendors and other staff.
- Proven ability to translate complex concepts into compelling content that engages customers.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment desired, with strong “do it yourself” work ethic. You’ll work with a team but will need to be a self-starter on many projects.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple projects hitting firm delivery deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Collaborative individual performer who enjoys working with a small, close-knit team.
- Knowledge of inbound marketing best practices and on-page SEO.
- Familiarity with marketing automation software (HubSpot preferred).
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in marketing, PR, communications, journalism, English, creative writing, technical writing, or related fields.
5 years of experience in marketing, public relations, or content creation in a corporate marketing department or agency.
How to Apply:
- Starting at 18+ days PTO
- 11 observed holidays, plus an additional 2 floating days in a calendar year
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
- Community service opportunities
- Unlimited snacks and beverages (when the office opens again)
If you feel that you would be the ideal candidate for this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter
along with a recent and relevant writing sample (such as a whitepaper, eBook, or other piece of thought leadership) through our online application portal at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
Hanover has been named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association/GreenBook Market Leaders Report every year since 2015 and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves