Business Development Director, K12 Education
The Business Development Director will consult leaders in the K12 industry about how research can transform school districts in a variety of ways. A highly motivated sales professional can use their knowledge of market trends and Hanover’s market research capabilities to craft compelling solutions and generate revenue for the company while maximizing personal earning potential.
Our Business Development Directors play a critical role driving the growth and expansion of our firm. They are passionate about the markets we serve and are dedicated to a high-performance environment.
Remote currently due to COVID19
Office is located in Arlington, Virginia
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Consult with prospects to identify challenges and issues impacting education leaders;
- Educate prospects on solutions offered by Hanover’s unique products and services;
- Deliver polished presentations by phone and in-person that move opportunities from introduction to close;
- Manage a robust pipeline of prospects;
- Accurately forecast based upon realistic opportunity assessment;
- Meet challenging monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals;
- Act as a mentor to entry-level associates.
- Bachelor’s degree required (business, social sciences, education, communications, political science, economics, psychology, public policy preferred);
- Minimum of 2+ years of consultative sales experience;
- Education Technology/Digital Product/ SaaS sales background would be a nice-to-have
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Well-developed ability to ask probing questions and match solutions to prospects’ challenges;
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage a busy pipeline and meeting calendar;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Salesforce;
- Ability to travel 20%(in a non COVID environment, maybe starting in 2022)
How to apply:
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commission potential (Top performers averaging 250K+ OTE)
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- 11 observed holidays, plus an additional 2 floating days in a calendar year
- Robust training program to increase knowledge of the education market, research methodologies and sales skills
- 2019 Winner of Excellence in Sales Training Award, 2019 & 2021 Premiere Sales Employer Award by the Institute for Excellence in Sales
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Merit-based advancement and management opportunities
- Health and wellness offerings including monthly discounts to local gyms
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
- Community service opportunities
- Unlimited snacks and beverages (when the office opens again)
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic and growing company we encourage you to apply at: https://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/849-General
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves
Hanover has been named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association/GreenBook Market Leaders Report every year since 2015, and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.