K12 Education Consultant- Contract Position
Hanover Research is seeking K12 Education Consultants with a background in elementary, middle or secondary classroom teaching, instructional coaching, and/or delivering professional development. The contractual role will be based on a contract developed between Hanover Research and the Consultant. The contract will be for deliverables based on and developed to serve the responsibilities below. The consultant will be responsible for the delivery of stated deliverables in relation to the contract.
The K12 Education Consultant will collaborate with the Managing Content Director and Senior Research Advisor of K12 Research to develop content to support practicing K12 teachers across Hanover’s member districts. The Consultant will use Hanover’s proprietary research to develop the content for these deliverables.
Areas of focus will include, but not be limited to:
- Creating tools and resources to support K12 teachers in implementing instructional approaches (i.e., literacy strategies, math strategies, etc.)
- Building discussion guides to support conversations between various stakeholder groups
- Designing infographics to communicate content to a broad range of stakeholders
- Creating lesson plan templates
- Building rubrics to assess a variety of skills
- Designing facilitation guides to support training and professional development efforts
We are seeking highly driven individuals with a vast array of teaching experience who can thrive in a fast-paced work environment. This role will be remote but will require approximately 8-10 hours of virtual training during onboarding. All other hours are flexible and will depend on timelines agreed upon between Consultant and the K12 Managing Content Director. Each project will range from 8 – 40 hours and can be spread out across six weeks.
Required Skill Set:
- A master’s degree or higher in elementary or secondary education (middle and/or high);
- At least 5 years of experience as a classroom teacher;
- A current teacher certification;
- Experience designing professional development for teachers;
- Solid knowledge of standards for instruction;
- Solid knowledge of professional standards for teacher preparation (e.g. NAEYC);
- Proficiency with, but not limited to, Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Google;
- Excellent editing skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources in a meaningful way;
- Ability to effectively work independently and as a part of a team;
- Proven ability to set and meet high goal targets;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2017 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm and a 2015 Washington Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Company.
If you are interested in the prospect of contracting for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your resume through our online portal at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.