Content Marketing Director
Currently remote because of COVID19
Hanover Research is seeking a Content Marketing Director who will lead the development of content initiatives in all forms to fuel our inbound lead generation engine by attracting new clients and delighting existing ones. The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced leader who specializes in storytelling and can work with a team and across internal stakeholders to create consistent stories that are relevant to Hanover’s audiences.
The Content Marketing Director will oversee all content marketing initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, and leads. This individual is an expert in all things related to content, brand consistency, segmentation, analytics, and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates with marketing team leaders and internal stakeholders to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer and ensure a consistent message across channels.
- Maps out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short-term and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why.
- Develops a unique, coherent vision for our brand’s content experience.
- Partners with marketing team leadership to ensure content marketing deliverables help achieve our department’s and Hanover’s business goals.
- Produces content marketing that supports an integrated marketing strategy including demand gen, inbound lead generation, paid acquisition, email marketing, social media, events, and more.
- Leverages market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets.
- Ensures all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video.
- Supervises the development of a functional content calendar across Hanover’s Education and Corporate business lines.
- Establishes a workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Establishes editorial best practices and standards including sets the standard for best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Develops standards, systems, and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing.
- Conducts ongoing tests to gauge content effectiveness by gathering data and analytics and makes recommendations based on those results.
- Conducts periodic competitive audits.
- Supervises the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Supervises team of content marketing strategists and freelance writers.
- Collaborates with diverse cross functional team including marketing, graphic design, web development, social media, sales, and research.
Minimum Education Required:
- Exceedingly strong writer who sets the bar for Hanover’s writing style, tone, and voice.
- Proven editorial skills and the ability to coach excellent writing out of staff
- Proven ability to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Ability to successfully leverage content marketing in a fast-growing organization to support business goals.
- Experience creating short-and long-form content assets.
- Understanding of content distribution strategies and tactics.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into compelling stories.
- Ability to lead a team, including recruitment, mentoring, and management of content staff.
- Team player who can work with diverse internal stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- Exceptional content editor who pays as much attention to correct syntax as to content strategy.
- Industry experience in Education, B2B, or B2C preferred.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in marketing, PR, communications, journalism, English, creative writing, technical writing, or related fields.
10+ years of experience in marketing, public relations, or content creation in a corporate marketing department or agency
5+ years as a leader in multichannel content creation strategy
How to Apply:
- Starting at 18+ days PTO
- 11 observed holidays, plus an additional 2 floating days in a calendar year
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
- Community service opportunities
- Unlimited snacks and beverages (when the office opens again)
If you feel that you would be the ideal candidate for this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter
along with a recent and relevant writing sample (such as a whitepaper, eBook, or other piece of thought leadership) through our online application portal at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
Hanover has been named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association/GreenBook Market Leaders Report every year since 2015 and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves