Content Director—Grants Practice Area
The Content Director is the primary partnership contact for Hanover’s Grants practice clients. As such, the position requires strong client management, project management, and overall knowledge of the grantseeking process. We are seeking highly-motivated applicants with the right combination of grants and project management experience, preferably within the higher education sector. A successful candidate will be interested in making a long-term contribution to a growing organization. This position will report directly to the practice area-specific Senior Managing Director.
Recently ranked 16th
on the Washington Business Journal’s list of the 50 Fastest Growing Companies in DC and 36th
on the 2015 AMA Gold Top 50 Report, Hanover Research is a global information services firm providing knowledge support to both for-profit and non-profit organizations. Through our unique, fixed-fee model we deliver customized, timely, and authoritative research and advice enabling our clients to make informed decisions, identify and seize opportunities, and heighten their effectiveness.
Hanover Research’s Grant Development Center offer a variety of services to help over 100 organizations in 39 states identify, pursue, and secure external funding providing flexible, affordable grant development support to educational organizations nationwide. Our services include proposal writing and review capabilities, funding opportunity assessments, funding strategy development, grant prospecting research, and institutional research.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Identify unique client needs and translate them into well-defined grants project requests;
- Appropriately scope, design, and phase out complex multi-phase projects to fit Hanover’s business model;
- Manage the execution of grants projects by Hanover’s staff of Grants Consultants and Grants Research Associates;
- Effectively communicate and explain Hanover’s processes and findings to clients;
- Deliver actionable insights and strategic recommendations to clients and leadership;
- Provide updates to Hanover clients on on-going grants projects;
- Identify prospective funders and assess alignment with client needs on an ad hoc basis;
- Edit reports for content, structure, and overall clarity to ensure quality control;
- Collaborate with Client Solutions staff to develop long-term relationships and to ensure client satisfaction;
- Provide Grants Consultants and Research Associates with guidance and constructive feedback on assigned projects, based on knowledge of client priorities and preferences;
- Act as a mentor and coach to entry-level staff.
- Desire to work directly with clients and ensure their satisfaction and retention;
- Proven ability to make quick and informed decisions under tight deadlines;
- Working knowledge of grantseeking issues/trends in higher education;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrable problem solving skills;
- Ability both to accept and to provide constructive feedback;
- Strong fact-checking, writing, and editing skills in the English language;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple short and long-term projects in order to meet deadlines;
- Experience writing and researching for a business or professional audience;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment, with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
- Proven academic and professional achievement;
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
A Master’s degree is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered. A Certified Research Administrator and/or Project Management Professional credential is preferred but not required.
3-5 years’ experience supporting hands-on proposal support. Prior experience working with public and/or private funding agencies is preferred. Prior experience managing/facilitating sponsored research is preferred.
Arlington, VA or Remote
- Base salary
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Advancement and management opportunities
- Community service opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (consisting of no more than 8 pages on an education or business related topic preferably) at:
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.