Sr. Accountant A/R
Full-Time/Temp to Perm role
Hanover Research is actively seeking a self-motivated and competent individual for a temporary to permanent Senior Accountant position. This temporary position will start out as a 3-4 month project with it becoming a permanent full-time role afterward. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Controller and be primarily responsible for Accounts Receivables and support a variety of other accounting and finance tasks.
Hanover is a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm. The successful candidate will be able to think on their feet, respond well to constant change, and perform under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude at all times.
Remote for the time being due to COVID19, VA
A successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Oversee all of Account Receivables functions including but not limited to:
- Prepare batches of invoices for distribution to customers: posting invoices in Intacct and emailing them to clients, generating draft invoices for the Account Management/Client Services teams
- Contribute to month-end and year-end close activities with reconciliations and analytical reporting.
- Collections activities including
- Posting payments in Intacct
- Processing credit card payments
- Sending payment reminder emails for delinquent accounts
- Updating payment status in CRM (Salesforce)
- Completing vendor forms as requested
- Execute accounting special projects as needed
- Create and utilize spreadsheets in Excel daily
Minimum Education Required:
- Understanding of and experience with general ledger practices and account system maintenance;
- Ability to exhibit discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive account information;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel – Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP’s, and other formulas;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with Intacct accounting software is a nice to have;
- Experience with Salesforce CRM system is a nice to have.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or a related discipline.
3-5+ years of full-time work experience as an Accountant or in an accounting or tax function for a small to mid-sized firm or in public accounting. Experience utilizing Intacct is desired, but we are willing train the right candidate.
Currently remote because of COVID19
How to apply
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
- Community service opportunities
- Unlimited snacks and beverages (when the office opens again)
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to apply at http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
About Hanover Research:
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves
Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association/GreenBook Market Leaders Report in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.