Account Director - Corporate Practice
The Account Director is the secondary point of contact for Hanover’s Corporate (for-profit) clients. As such, the position requires strong client management, and commercial process skills. The Account Director is responsible for managing a pool of clients, with a focus on maintaining and expanding client relationships, and coordinating with research teams to mitigate renewal risk and align resources to support client needs. This role reports to the Managing Director, Corporate Account Management.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Ensure ongoing client satisfaction and engagement;
- Educate clients and prospects on the benefits of Hanover's products and services through compelling articulation of our business model and value proposition;
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to grow existing client relationships through the sale of expanded/additional research capacity;
- Continuously build and maintain an active pipeline of upsell opportunities;
- Consistently meet targets for client renewal and upsell, based on quarterly goals;
- Proactively identify and mitigate risk to renewal
- Liaise effectively with Client Engagement team leads to ensure projects are responsive to client needs and aligned with Hanover’s core solutions;
- Effectively communicate Hanover’s methodological capabilities and additional services to clients;
- Experience directly interfacing with clients
- Service-oriented mentality;
- Working knowledge of business and economic trends;
- Experiencing writing for a business/professional audience;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to travel regularly in a non-COVID19 environment (up to 2x per month) to conduct on-site visits with clients.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline from an accredited 4-year institution is required.
Minimum of 3 years of full-time work experience within the for-profit/business sector with at least one year working as a strategic account manager, consultant or in other client facing roles.
Currently remote because of COVID19
How to apply
- Exempt salaried role
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to apply at http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
About Hanover Research:
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves
Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association/GreenBook Market Leaders Report in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.