Director, Strategic Account Management - Corporate Practice
The Director of Strategic Account Management is the primary point of contact for Hanover’s Corporate (for-profit) clients. As such, the position requires strong client management, and commercial process skills. The Director of Strategic Account Management is responsible for managing a pool of clients, with a focus on maintaining and expanding client relationships, and coordinating with research teams to align resources to support client needs. This role reports to the Senior Director, Strategic Account Management.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Ensure ongoing client satisfaction and engagement;
- Educate clients and prospects on the benefits of Hanover's products and services through compelling articulation of our business model and value proposition;
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to grow existing client relationships through the sale of expanded/additional research capacity;
- Continuously build and maintain an active pipeline of upsell opportunities;
- Consistently meet targets for client renewal and upsell, based on quarterly goals;
- Identify unique client needs and translate them into well-defined research requests;
- Liaise effectively with Content team leads to ensure projects are responsive to client needs and aligned with Hanover’s core solutions;
- Effectively communicate Hanover’s methodological capabilities to clients;
- Effectively communicate research findings to clients and provide consultative guidance
- Deliver actionable insights and strategic recommendations to clients;
- In coordination with Research team leads, provide updates to Hanover clients on ongoing research projects.
- Experience directly interfacing with clients
- Service-oriented mentality;
- Working knowledge of business and economic trends;
- Experiencing writing for a business/professional audience;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to travel regularly (up to 2x per month) to conduct on-site visits with clients.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline from an accredited 4-year institution is required.
Minimum of 5 years of full-time work experience within the for-profit/business sector with at least one year working as a strategic account manager, consultant or in other client facing roles.
- Base salary plus quarterly bonus
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Advancement and management opportunities
- Community service opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (consisting of no more than 8 pages on an education or business related topic preferably) at:
About Hanover Research:
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.