Senior Data Engineer
- Startup Vibes, Large Company Benefits!
As we continue to expand our product and service offerings for our customers, we are growing our engineering teams and looking for a Senior Data Engineer. The individual to help contribute to building applications, scaling and maintaining our data pipeline for ingestion, data management, and the infrastructure of our internal data warehouse supporting services for internal and external customers.
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer candidate who is self-motivated, passionate individual who strives to be the best at what he/she does and creates a trail of ecstatic Internal customers for life. This person will love to learn, contribute to the team, design end to end solutions, and wants to be part of something great.
You will be a part of an Azure Cloud Enablement Team and will be responsible to deliver high quality modern data solutions while being part of a dynamic and fast-growing team consisting of endless opportunities.
- Proven ability to engage with internal customers to understand challenges and needs to develop technical solutions
- Proven experience of architecting Azure or complex on-prem BI services into a solution platform on the Microsoft Stack for Analytics OR a strong level of technical experience on a competing cloud platform (i.e. AWS, GCP) with a desire to grow into an expert role on the Azure platform
- Hands on development experience with ELT/ETL using MS SQL Server Platform or similar products (minimum 5 years)
- Experience or desire to coach, mentor and provide leadership to team members
- 3 - 5 years of Hands-on experience with the Azure Data Platform (Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Blob Storage, SQL DB, Analysis Services) or 5 to 7 years of experience with SSAS, SQL Server, SSIS and advanced knowledge of the Azure platform implementing end to end solutions.
- Data quality (profiling, cleansing, enriching)
- 3+ Years of Data Modeling - including design from conceptual to logical to physical data models (Dimensional Modeling and OLTP)
- Considered to be an expert in T-SQL
- Hands-on experience with MPP database technologies such as Azure SQL DW, Teradata Netezza, etc.
- Python or R (Statistics) 2+ years
- Python or C# (App Development) 2+ Years
- 3 to 5 years of Power BI or Tableau
- Power BI including DAX
- Database migration from legacy systems to new solutions
- Databricks / Spark
- Azure ML
- 20-30-minute call with HR
- 1-hour technical screen with Hiring Manager
- 3 hour technical/cultural interview with team [onsite]
- Offer presented
How to Apply:
- Competitive base salary
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your resume at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves
Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.