Hanover Research is actively seeking a self-motivated and well-rounded individual for a full-time permanent Systems Engineer
position. The individual will be responsible for managing and maintaining both cloud-based an on-premises servers, databases, and applications. This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be able to think on their feet, respond well to constant change, and perform under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude at all times.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Setup, configuration, and optimizing server hardware, virtual machines, and software applications
- Reviewing server loads for load balancing
- Testing and installing systems modifications and upgrades such as hot fixes and patches
- Implementing, executing, and verifying systems backups and restoration
- Development of contingency plans to ensure continuous availability and accessibility of server resources in the event of emergencies
- Conducting functional and connectivity testing to ensure continued operability
- Evaluate new technology for increased productivity and workflow refinement.
- Scheduling maintenance activities
Education / Certifications:
- Several years of experience managing virtualization platforms, servers, databases, and applications, including VMware vSphere, Linux, Windows Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Strong knowledge of Linux based mail, DNS, web daemons, VMware vSphere ESXi, VMware vMotion, iSCSI NFS SAN, LDAP and SSO desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Registry-based policy, Security policy configuration and administration.
- Working knowledge of Python, PowerShell, Perl Script, PHP, Bash scripting and Office 365 desired.
- Exposure to network administration and troubleshooting, including configuring and maintaining network switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Knowledge of data warehousing systems such as Snowflake, ETL tools, Tableau Server, and working with APIs desired.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively. Must be a highly-motivated, self-starter able to adapt to new challenges and learn quickly.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred (In - IT, IS, CS or related technical discipline), but not required.
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE/MCITP, or CCNA preferred, but not required.
Arlington, Virginia (A remote working arrangement is not available for this position)Benefits:
How to Apply:
- Competitive base salary
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your resume at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves
Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.