Senior Director of Engineering
As we continue to expand our product and service offerings for our customers, we seek new leadership for our growing engineering teams. We are looking for an individual to lead and manage the teams responsible for building applications, scaling and maintaining our data pipeline for ingestion, data management, and the infrastructure of our internal data warehouse supporting services for internal and external customers.
The Senior Director of Engineering will help ensure that the architecture and implementation of the data stack are scalable to meet the needs of the business and will manage both the Web Applications and Data Engineering teams. The Senior Director of Engineering will ensure that all modifications and improvements made by both teams to provide solutions for requirements laid out by the Product and Research teams are consistently delivered in a timely fashion and in line with best practices to guarantee maintainability, scalability and alignment with the needs of the business.
- Manage and mentor the Web Applications and Data Engineering teams
- Contribute to architectural guidelines and design of scalable solutions to improve workflow of research services and implementation of syndicated products
- Work with the Product team to maintain an iterative software lifecycle approach that includes feedback and needs from the Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams.
- Partner with the research and innovation teams to improve and enhance the use of data
- Responsible for the engineering aspects and vendor relationships for the suite of tools used by our analysts and data scientists
- Establish and oversee robust processes for monitoring data quality and system performance
- Own the process for design, implementation, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance of the software products delivered by both teams
- Implement reliability and redundancy of the critical systems, including ability to rollback and recover fast upon system failures
- Implement best practices, coding standards, style guides, and documentation with the development teams
- Take on leadership of recruitment and growth of both the Web Applications and Data Engineering teams
- Work with our internal IT operations team to assure alignment in approach and best practices
- Work with our Content Innovation and Product teams to develop new solutions
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science or 10+ years of IT/Programming experience
- Self-starter, well organized and willing to take ownership of responsibilities with high energy and drive
- Excellent time management and project management skills that contribute to success in addressing multiple organizational priorities, working well under time constraints, and effectively handling concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
- Effective communicator, collaborator, influencer and solution seeker across a variety of opinions
- Experience mentoring and leading teams of engineers to success
- Capable of developing sustainable data-driven solutions with current cloud and data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- A demonstrated ability in optimizing technical solutions to reduce costs
- Exhibits mastery over multiple domains including applications development and data engineering
- Experience working with enterprise data warehouses. Previous work with Snowflake a plus
- Previous work with ETL/ELT tools a plus
- Implementation and maintenance of continuous data pipelines required
- Minimum of 7+ years managing development teams using an agile software development process (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Minimum of 10+ years working with modern web application frameworks and various databases
- Minimum of 7+ years leading development of front-end and back-end applications (preferably with node.js and react.js stacks)
- Designing and implementing solutions with relational and NoSQL databases (Postgres a plus)
- GIT (GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket) version control experience is required
Arlington, Virginia (A remote working arrangement is not available for this position)
This position is only open to US-based candidates with authorization to work in the US for any employer.
How to Apply:
- Competitive base salary
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your resume at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves
Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.