Client Engagement Director— CorporateHanover Research
The Client Engagement Director is the primary point of contact for Hanover’s Corporate (for-profit) clients. As such, the position requires strong client management, research, and commercial process skills. The Client Engagement Director is responsible for managing a pool of 30-40 clients, with a focus on developing impactful research agendas, maintaining and expanding client relationships, and coordinating with Research Directors to align resources to support client needs. This role reports to the Senior Client Engagement Director.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Ensure ongoing client satisfaction and engagement;
- Educate clients and prospects on the benefits of Hanover's products and services through compelling articulation of our business model and value proposition;
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to grow existing client relationships through the sale of expanded/additional research capacity;
- Continuously build and maintain an active pipeline of upsell opportunities;
- Consistently meet targets for client renewal and upsell, based on quarterly goals;
- Identify unique client needs and translate them into well-defined research requests;
- Liaise effectively with Content team leads to ensure projects are responsive to client needs and aligned with Hanover’s core solutions;
- Effectively communicate Hanover’s methodological capabilities to clients;
- Effectively communicate research findings to clients, providing consultative guidance on the impact of said research;
- Deliver actionable insights and strategic recommendations to clients;
- In coordination with Content team leads, provide updates to Hanover clients on ongoing research projects.
- Strong understanding of primary, secondary, and qualitative methodologies and procedures;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple short- and long-term tasks on an ongoing basis;
- Experiencing writing for a business/professional audience;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience directly interfacing with clients;
- Service-oriented mentality;
- Working knowledge of business and economic trends;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to travel regularly (up to 2x per month) to conduct on-site visits with clients.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline from an accredited 4-year institution is required. A Master’s degree is preferred, although candidates with relevant experience without a Master’s or who hold other degrees will be considered.
Minimum of 5 - 10 years of full-time work experience conducting research, survey design/analysis, or professional writing, preferably within the for-profit/business sector. At least one year in a management position or client facing role required; account management or sales experience highly desired. Applied business research experience is strongly preferred.
- Base salary plus annual bonus
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Advancement and management opportunities
- Community service opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (consisting of no more than 8 pages on an education or business related topic preferably) at:http://careers.hanoverresearch.com/current-openings/About Hanover Research:
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.