Content Director— Consumer Insights
The Content Director is the primary research contact for Hanover’s consumer insights research clients. As such, the position requires strong client management, project management, and overall research skill.
We are seeking highly-motivated applicants with the right combination of market research and project management experience, preferably within the B2C sector. A successful candidate will be interested in making a long-term contribution to a growing organization. This position will report directly to a practice area specific Managing Content Director.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2017 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm and a 2015 Washington Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Company.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Help to identify and define client business questions and translate them into well-defined research requests;
- Design and execute a variety of custom research projects for B2C clients, both independently and at the head of a small team;
- Support with the development of new client business, including support on project scoping calls and managing the development of research proposals;
- Appropriately scope and phase out complex multi-phase projects;
- Execute market research projects using qualitative and quantitative research methodologies;
- Deliver actionable insights and strategic recommendations to clients and leadership;
- Work with external research partners such as panel and facilities providers to execute research
- Manage information exchange and provide updates to Hanover clients on on-going research projects;
- Edit reports for content, structure, and overall clarity to ensure quality control;
- Effectively communicate and explain Hanover’s methodologies and findings to clients;
- Collaborate with Client Solutions staff to develop long-term relationships and to ensure client satisfaction;
- Provide researchers with guidance and constructive feedback on assigned projects;
- Act as a mentor and coach to entry-senior level research staff;
- Support the broader research team as needed.
- Strong command of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and procedures;
- Willingness to tackle complex, often unfamiliar research requests;
- Desire to work directly with clients and ensure their satisfaction and retention;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple short and long-term projects in order to meet deadlines;
- Ability to proofread and edit research projects while providing constructive feedback;
- Experience writing and researching for a business or professional audience;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven ability to make quick and informed decisions under tight deadlines;
- Working knowledge of business, technology, and economic trends;
- Demonstrable problem solving skills;
- Strong command of the English language and demonstrated writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
- Proven academic and professional achievement;
- Experience with Tableau, Sawtooth, Qualtrics, R, and other advanced software tools is a plus
A Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience without a Master’s or who hold other degrees will be considered.
Minimum of 5 - 10 years of full-time work experience conducting applied consumer insights research. At least one year of which in a management position.
- Base salary plus annual bonus
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Advancement and management opportunities
- Community service opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (consisting of no more than 8 pages on an education or business related topic preferably) at:
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.