Content Director—Education Practice Area
The Content Director is the primary research contact for Hanover’s education practice clients. As such, the position requires strong client management, project management, and overall research skill. We are seeking highly-motivated applicants with the right combination of research and project management experience, preferably within the education sector. A successful candidate will be interested in making a long-term contribution to a growing organization. This position will report directly to a practice area specific Managing Content Director.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2017 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm and a 2015 Washington Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Company.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Identify unique client needs and translate them into well-defined research requests;
- Design customized research projects on various topics for K-12 and Higher Education clients;
- Appropriately scope and phase out complex multi-phase projects to fit Hanover model;
- Manage the execution of education research projects using a variety of different methodologies by Hanover’s staff of Content Analysts and Research Associates;
- Edit reports for content, structure, and overall clarity to ensure quality control;
- Effectively communicate and explain Hanover’s methodologies and findings to clients;
- Deliver actionable insights and strategic recommendations to clients and leadership;
- Provide updates to Hanover clients on on-going research projects;
- Collaborate with Client Solutions staff to develop long-term relationships and to ensure client satisfaction;
- Provide researchers with guidance and constructive feedback on assigned projects;
- Act as a mentor and coach to entry-senior level research staff.
- Strong command of primary, secondary, and quantitative methodologies and procedures;
- Willingness to tackle complex, often unfamiliar research requests;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple short and long-term projects in order to meet deadlines;
- Ability to proofread and edit research projects while providing constructive feedback;
- Experience writing and researching for a business or professional audience;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven ability to make quick and informed decisions under tight deadlines;
- Desire to work directly with clients and ensure their satisfaction and retention;
- Working knowledge of education trends;
- Demonstrable problem solving skills;
- Strong command of the English language and demonstrated writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
- Proven academic and professional achievement;
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
A Master’s degree in Education, Business, Economics, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience without a Master’s or who hold other degrees will be considered.
Minimum of 5 - 10 years of full-time work experience conducting research, survey design/analysis, or professional writing, preferably within the education sector. At least one year of which in a management position. Applied education research experience is preferred.
- Base salary
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Advancement and management opportunities
- Community service opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (consisting of no more than 8 pages on an education or business related topic preferably) at:
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.