Research Analyst—Corporate Practice Area
The Research Analyst will be responsible for the production of research reports and strategic briefings on a wide variety of topics and will gain exposure to issues facing senior executives in the numerous industries Hanover serves. This position allows for the swift development and refinement of a comprehensive set of market research skills and provides the opportunity to develop a relationship with a young and rapidly-growing enterprise. We expect all employees to be intellectually curious, ambitious, and interested in assuming increasing levels of responsibility. This is a mid-level research position requiring both strong qualitative and quantitative research skills. This position will report to the practice area specific Managing Content Director.
About Hanover Research
Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Create client-ready deliverables on a variety of market research topics with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Analyze complex research requests to provide actionable recommendations and key findings;
- Manage tight deadlines to create reports requiring few edits quickly;
- Collect and analyze research data from surveys and other primary sources;
- Compile online sources from relevant databases to support recommendations and insights;
- Conduct in-depth interviews with but not limited to industry experts, member customers, competitors, competitor customers, or anyone relevant to our research;
- Other research special projects as needed.
- Strong command of primary, secondary, and quantitative methodologies and procedures;
- Willingness to tackle complex, often unfamiliar research requests;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience writing and researching for a business or professional audience;
- Experience in an undergraduate or graduate research role (institutional research, assessment, etc.) is preferred;
- Willingness and ability to pick up new quantitative skills and market research methodologies and apply them in new contexts;
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively;
- Demonstrable problem solving skills;
- Strong command of the English language and demonstrated writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
- Proven academic achievement;
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
A Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience without a Master’s or who hold other degrees will be considered.
3 - 5 years of full-time work experience conducting research, survey design/analysis or professional writing. Applied market research experience is preferred.
How to apply:
- Base salary
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Advancement and management opportunities
- Community service opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (proposal, professional correspondence, or similar business sample) at:
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.