Senior Director, Business Development
The Senior Director consults senior-level executives about how research can transform organizations while acting as a mentor for other individual contributors. They serve as leaders on the team who can use their experience managing the execution of sales processes, coupled with knowledge of specific market trends, to generate optimal revenue production. Senior Directors play a critical role driving the growth and expansion of our firm. They are passionate about the markets we serve and are dedicated to high-performance.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Consult with prospects to identify challenges and issues impacting Enterprise executives;
- Educate prospects on solutions offered by Hanover’s unique products and services;
- Deliver polished presentations by phone and in-person that move opportunities from introduction to close;
- Manage a robust pipeline of prospects;
- Act as a mentor to directors and support staff, and support employee retention and advancement;
- Provide continuous input and feedback on the go-to-market strategy for your product, growth and hiring decisions, and the status of the market segment and revenue progress.
- Bachelor’s degree required (business, social sciences, education, communications, political science, economics, psychology, public policy preferred);
- 10-15 years of consultative sales experience;
- Mastery of the basics of a business development position, including:
- Outreach strategy
- Polished presentational skills
- Pipeline management
- Closing techniques
- Prior experience in a manager or mentor capacity, with proven ability to develop employees within a professional environment;
- High-energy, self-motivated, agile leaders with the ability to think spontaneously and respond quickly;
- Knowledge of market research and ability to drive urgency and decisions with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same.
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle.
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best.
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves.
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commission potential (Top performers averaging 250K+ OTE)
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- Robust training program to increase knowledge of the enterprise market, research methodologies and sales skills
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Merit-based advancement and management opportunities
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume at: http://careers.hanoverresearch.com/current-openings/
About Hanover Research
Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, and has also been twice named a Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.