Research Analyst— Consumer InsightsHanover Research
The Research Analyst will be responsible for conducting consumer insights research and analysis for Hanover’s corporate clients. This position allows for the swift development and refinement of a comprehensive set of market research skills and provides the opportunity to develop a relationship with a young and rapidly-growing enterprise. We expect all employees to be intellectually curious, ambitious, and interested in assuming increasing levels of responsibility. This is a mid-level research position requiring both strong qualitative and quantitative research skills. This position will report to the practice area specific Content Director.About Hanover
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2017 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm and a 2015 Washington Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Company.Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Execute market research projects independently or as part of a small team, using a variety of different methodologies, including qualitative and quantitative research methodologies;
- Analyze complex research questions to provide actionable recommendations and key findings;
- Create client-ready report and presentation deliverables with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Manage tight deadlines to create reports requiring few edits quickly;
- Collect and analyze quantitative research data from surveys and other data sources;
- Conduct qualitative research including focus groups, in-depth interviews, and ethnographic observations with but not limited to consumers, shoppers, industry experts, or anyone relevant to our research;
- Compile online sources from relevant databases to support recommendations and insights;
- Support with the development of new client business as needed, including supporting the development of research proposals;
- Other research special projects as needed.
- Strong command of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and procedures;
- Willingness to tackle complex, often unfamiliar research requests;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience conducting market research for a business or professional audience;
- Willingness and ability to pick up new market research skills and methodologies and apply them in new contexts;
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively;
- Demonstrable problem solving skills;
- Strong command of the English language and demonstrated writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
- Proven academic achievement;
- Experience with Tableau, Sawtooth, Qualtrics, R, and other advanced software tools is a plus
A Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience without a Master’s or who hold other degrees will be considered.
3 - 5 years of full-time work experience conducting market research or survey design/analysis, preferably within the B2C sector. Applied consumer insights research experience is preferred.
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Advancement and management opportunities
- Community service opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (proposal, professional correspondence, or similar business sample) at:http://careers.hanoverresearch.com/current-openings/
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.