The Account Management team ensures service delivery to existing clients and conducts renewal and relationship-expansion conversations with senior-level decision makers across a variety of industries including healthcare, nonprofit, higher education, K-12 education, and for-profit businesses. In addition, Directors are responsible for managing junior member(s) of the account management team toward the achievement of overall revenue retention goals.
- Building relationships with current clients through demonstration of in-depth institutional knowledge, understanding of specific institutional needs or priorities, and the ability to propose research solutions;
- Navigating Hanover’s partnership offerings on behalf of the organization, ensuring the appropriate service is provided to meet the client’s need;
- Educating contacts on the benefits of Hanover's products and services through compelling articulation of our business model and value proposition;
- Creating customized account plans for each organization, outlining service delivery and revenue-growth strategies for existing and potential clients;
- Collaborating with the Content team to ensure targeted and substantive solution delivery;
- Determining appropriate tactics to drive urgency in the renewal cycle;
- Predicting cash retention probability and reporting findings to senior leadership;
- Creating the opportunity to expand existing relationships through cross-sell opportunities of other service offerings;
- Developing all of the above core skills in one or more direct reports;
- Sole responsibility for achieving team’s revenue goals as well as personal pool goals including pacing of monthly team revenue achievement;
- Facilitating complex commercial interactions and serving as the internal and external (client-facing) point of escalation for your direct report(s);
- Leading planning meetings and taking ownership of overall pacing and revenue performance for the team, including managing a large upsell pipeline;
- Assisting with adjacent business management areas for Hanover’s executive team, including the evaluation of product margins, assessment of hiring needs, recommendations for operational improvements, and observations of product and client trends.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Excellent track record of managing a team to achieve and exceed ambitious quantitative revenue goals;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Reputation of consistently superb level of client service and business ethics;
- Willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters and think creatively about how to provide the highest level of client service;
- Superior negotiation and selling capabilities as well as demonstrated ability to build these skills among your direct reports;
- Ability to develop relationships and conduct substantive content discussions with decision makers;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong ability to think strategically about client management;
- Exceptional ability to immediately establish one’s credibility with decision makers;
- Ability to learn substance of research quickly;
- History of meeting personal and team monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals;
- Ability to diagnose client needs and identify relevant solutions.
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2015 and 2016 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm and a 2015 Washington Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Company.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same.
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle.
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best.
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves.
A Bachelor’s degree is required, an MBA or other advanced degree or qualification in business would be highly advantageous.
5 - 8 years of Account Management or Sales experience is highly desired, with a minimum of 1 year in a direct managerial role.
- Base salary and bonus potential
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Robust training program to increase knowledge of the industries, research methodologies and sales skills
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Advancement and management opportunities
- Community service opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (proposal, professional correspondence, or similar business sample) at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catstone.com/careers/
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.