Hanover Research – Jr. Accountant
Hanover Research is actively recruiting for an Accounting professional for our rapidly growing company. The Junior Staff Accountant will report directly to the Controller and be responsible for a variety of accounting and finance tasks. The position has phenomenal visibility and growth potential, excellent work/life balance, and offers outstanding benefits.
Location: Arlington, VA
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare batches of invoices for distribution to customers
- Assist the Controller with accounting duties such as sorting checks and invoices, researching information, verifying credit accuracy, and updating our Salesforce system
- Assist with month-end and year-end close activities.
- Perform employee reimbursement in an accurate and timely manner;
- Prepare regular account reports throughout the fiscal year
- Assist with A/P. A/R, and G/L
A successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Create and utilize spreadsheets in Excel
- Execute accounting special projects as needed.
- Generate draft invoices for the Sales team
- Collections activities including posting payments in Intacct; sending payment reminder emails for delinquent accounts, noting payment updates in CRM (Salesforce)
- Completing vendor forms when requested
- Serve as the employee and vendor liaison for all questions regarding account inquiries and discrepancies, and invoices;
Minimum Education Required:
- Understanding of and experience with general ledger practices and account system maintenance;
- Ability to exhibit discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive account information;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Excel test will be given)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Utilized QuickBooks and Salesforce
- Experience with Intacct accounting software is a nice to have.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or a related discipline.
1 - 3 years of full-time work experience as a Junior Staff Level Accountant/Clerk or in an accounting or tax function for a small to mid-sized firm or in public accounting. Experience utilizing Intacct is desired, but we are willing train the right candidate.
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same.
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle.
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best.
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves.
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, and resume at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
- Competitive base salary
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits package
- Merit-based advancement and management opportunities
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2015, 2016, and 2017 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.