The Content Specialist plays a critical role in supporting the new business development efforts of the Sales and Account Management teams across multiple industries within the Enterprise and/or Education practices. This role combines elements of research, sales, and thought leadership, and provides a unique opportunity to drive value for the organization, with clear lines of sight across multiple departments. The ideal candidate will enjoy working on a wide range of projects while supporting different teams and initiatives.
- Engage directly with prospective clients over the phone to support sales interactions acting as a research subject matter expert, discussing industry trends, research approaches and methodology;
- Create proposals detailing solutions within the context of the prospect’s business needs;
- Develop guides and summaries for internal staff to better understand Hanover’s research capabilities and applications for different departments, companies, and markets;
- Contribute to the onboarding and training process for the Development team;
- Work with external partners (Research Now, GMI, etc.) to obtain panel survey quotes;
- Develop relevant content and manage external communications with prospective clients (via newsletters, email campaigns, whitepapers, etc.);
- Coordinate with Hanover’s Content team and other departments (e.g., Strategy, Marketing) to understand research solutions and solicit appropriate content to fill needs within practices ;
- Be responsible for ad-hoc requests and managing practice specific projects leading to revenue generation, (e.g. brief analysis of weekly meeting summaries to identify trends in commercial call data, redactions, developing new collateral, providing updates to scripts and FAQs based on new methodologies, etc.).
- Develop process improvements for Development Support and other practice areas to increase efficiency, meet key targets, etc.
- Support thought leadership efforts as needed (e.g., draft white papers, coordinate with Marketing on campaigns, etc.)
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree required (business, social sciences, education, communications, political science, economics, psychology, public policy preferred);
- 1-3 years’ experience in a research role;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities;
- Excellent written and verbal ability; interpersonal skills with a willingness to work across a variety of team;
- Strong proficiency in Power Point, Excel, and Word;
- Strong interest in revenue generation activities and understanding of ROI of proposals and content;
- Knowledge of and experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Ability to comprehend and teach the application of research methodology to business problems.
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same.
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle.
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best.
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves.
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commission potential (Top performers averaging 250K+ OTE)
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- Telecommuting policy
- Robust training program to increase knowledge of the education market, research methodologies and sales skills
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Merit-based advancement and management opportunities
- Health and wellness offerings including monthly discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (consisting of no more than 8 pages on a research or business related topic, preferably) at:http://hanoverresearchcareers.catstone.com/careers/
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2015 and 2016 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm and a 2015 Washington Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Company.