Data Analyst, Tableau Development
The data analyst will have experience creating innovative and interactive dashboards and web-based tools from large and often dirty survey datasets. In this role, the data analyst will build upon Hanover’s existing research capabilities and broaden our delivery channels of custom research. This role will assist in moving deliverables to a more interactive format for Hanover clients in the enterprise and education sectors.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2015 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm and a 2015 Washington Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Company.
- Use Tableau to create client-facing dashboards, reports, and other data presentation formats using multiple data types;
- Pull from multiple data sources including databases, survey tools, CSVs, and Excel files, performing data transformation as necessary;
- Work with research managers and other members of our research teams to translate client specifications into visualizations;
- Integrate data and content for use in databases, websites, and hybrid applications;
- Provide suggestions that improve reporting techniques, applications, and deliverables;
- Engage in problem scoping and solution implementation according to internal and external client needs.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- 2+ years of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server experience;
- Experience working with large scale data in Tableau;
- Experience analyzing survey data from programs including but not limited to Qualtrics, SurveyGuizo, and SurveyMonkey
- Demonstrated knowledge of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) principles
- Knowledge of ETL tools is a plus;
- Ability to take ownership of each project from start to finish;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with little guidance or oversight;
- An extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
- Willingness to tackle complex, often unfamiliar research requests;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong command of the English language and demonstrated writing / editing skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience doing business research is preferred;
Bachelors or Master’s degree with coursework in data visualization or data analysis is preferred.
- Understanding of data as an abstract representation of the real world, and the ability to think creatively about how to express that relationship.
- Requires discipline to keep estimates & documentation up to date, while being mindful of deadlines.
- Requires the proven ability to manage time while working on a variety of tasks.
- Possess a willingness and attitude to help customers find workable solutions.
- Strong math background, ability to re-implement formulas in one platform on another and conceptualize how they behave.
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (proposal, professional correspondence, or similar business sample) at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catstone.com/careers/.
- Based salary
- 401(K) employer matching program
- 100% employee covered individual health and dental benefits
- Potential for remote work opportunities
- Advancement and management opportunities
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.