Hanover Research –Research Associate (Education Practices)
Hanover Research is a global information services firm providing knowledge support to both for-profit and non-profit organizations. Through our unique, fixed-cost model we provide customized, timely, and authoritative research and advice enabling our clients to make informed decisions, identify and seize opportunities, and heighten their effectiveness.
The Education Practices (District Administration Practice and Academy Administration Practice) of Hanover Research collaborate with education systems across the United States, partnering with K12 and Higher Education institutions such as four year public and private universities, Master's, PhD's and pre-professional programs, community colleges, and school districts of varying sizes. Hanover serves as an adjunct Institutional Research and Grants department, capable of conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis such as Prospecting Reports, Proposal Production, Program Demand and Feasibility Studies, Program Evaluations, Student Learning Outcomes, Student Retention Analysis, Surveys, and Student Response to Intervention. Our partners use Hanover to aid internal capacity and take a data-driven approach to decision-making and strategic planning.
Hanover Research is actively recruiting for our Research Associate (Education Practices) position.
The Research Associate will be responsible for assisting in the production of strategic briefings on an extremely wide variety of topics, and will gain exposure to issues facing senior executives in the numerous industries Hanover serves. This position will allow for the swift development and refinement of a comprehensive set of primary and secondary research skills and provides the opportunity to develop a relationship with a young and rapidly-growing enterprise. We expect all employees to be intellectually curious, ambitious, and interested in assuming increasing levels of responsibility.
Location: Washington DC
The following skills and attributes are highly desired:
· Proven academic achievement;
· Strong interest in conducting primary and secondary research;
· High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point;
· Ability to take ownership of assigned project from start to finish;
· Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal guidance or oversight;
· Willingness to tackle complex, often unfamiliar research requests;
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Strong command of the English language and demonstrated writing and editing skills;
· Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
· Proven ability to make quick and informed decisions under very tight deadline;
· An extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
· Experience writing for a business / professional audience is preferred;
· Experience doing business research is preferred;
· Experience in an undergraduate or graduate research role (institutional research, assessment, etc.) is preferred.
Minimum Education Required:
A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
1 - 3 years of full-time or part-time work / academic experience conducting research, survey design/analysis or professional writing.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications, please apply online at:
Please include a résumé, detailed cover letter outlining your experience, and writing sample (consisting of no more than 8 pages on a business related topic preferably) in a Word or PDF document.
Applicants failing to include a cover letter AND writing sample will not be considered.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. While all applications will be reviewed, we regret that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.