Business Development Director, Education
Location: Arlington, VA or New York, NY
The Business Development Director consults leaders in K12 and Higher Education about how research can transform school districts, universities and college. A highly motivated sales professional can use their knowledge of market trends and Hanover’s market research capabilities to craft compelling solutions and generate revenue for the company while maximizing personal earning potential.
Our Business Development Directors play a critical role driving the growth and expansion of our firm. They are passionate about the markets we serve and are dedicated to a high-performance environment.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Consult with prospects to identify challenges and issues impacting education leaders;
- Educate prospects on solutions offered by Hanover’s unique products and services;
- Deliver polished presentations by phone and in-person that move opportunities from introduction to close;
- Manage a robust pipeline of prospects;
- Accurately forecast based upon realistic opportunity assessment;
- Meet challenging monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals;
- Act as a mentor to entry-level associates.
- Bachelor’s degree required (business, social sciences, education, communications, political science, economics, psychology, public policy preferred);
- Minimum of 2+ years of consultative sales experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Well-developed ability to ask probing questions and match solutions to prospects’ challenges;
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage a busy pipeline and meeting calendar;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Salesforce;
- Ability to travel 10-20%.
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same.
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle.
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best.
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves.
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (proposal, professional correspondence, or similar business sample) at: http://careers.hanoverresearch.com/current-openings/
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commission potential (Top performers averaging 250K+ OTE)
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- Telecommuting policy
- Robust training program to increase knowledge of the education market, research methodologies and sales skills
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Merit-based advancement and management opportunities
- Health and wellness offerings including monthly discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2015, 2016, and 2017 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.