Product Manager – (Education/Corporate Practice)
The Product Manager (Education/Corporate Practice) will be responsible for a portfolio of web-based research products, and will manage all aspects of the product lifecycle, including: product strategy, UX design, product requirements definition, product content and intellectual property development, testing, competitive research, go-to-market strategy, and future enhancements and product evolutions.
This critical role will work directly with internal development and analyst resources, senior leadership, product users, and prospective clients. The ideal candidate must have an intense curiosity for understanding our clients’ needs, a passion for delivering fantastic user experiences, the drive to build, maintain, and evolve successful products, and the desire and flexibility to manage products at both a strategic and a tactical level.
- Drive the strategic direction and evolution of a portfolio of web-based research products;
- Lead customer evangelism to develop and grow existing products by understanding customer needs, developing product enhancement hypotheses, and articulating the customer journey;
- Define, create, and communicate product roadmaps aligned with business objectives and supported by business cases, market research, customer data, and competitive analysis;
- Deliver fantastic user experiences;
- Coordinate with internal and external development teams to plan, manage, and test ongoing development of new and existing product features;
- Work with internal research and analyst teams to develop new and exciting content and intellectual property;
- Collaborate with senior management to understand the feasibility and subsequent deliverability of new products or product enhancements;
- Document and prioritize product specifications including use cases, user stories, and business requirements;
- Work with key internal stakeholders to develop and implement a practice-wide go-to-market plan to ensure successful product adoption;
- Support internal sales teams by assisting with the development of a repeatable sales process, including sales materials and tools, conducting sales training, identifying new markets, and advising on short and long-term sales strategies for existing/new products.
- Function as the product expert during commercial meetings with existing and prospective clients, and in cross-functional meetings with key internal stakeholders;
- Define KPIs, monitor the performance of your products and continuously improve them.
- Drive day-to-day prioritization of work operations, projects and their related scope, and troubleshooting reported issues;
- Troubleshoot product end-users’ technical support requests.
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Demonstrated strengths in structured and logical thinking, problem solving, issue resolution, and attention to detail;
- Strong understanding of UX best practices and conventions, including the ability to conduct UX testing;
- Experience with Agile project management;
- Experience defining and testing user stories and business requirements;
- Experience using market research including interviews and surveys to understand user needs and requirements;
- Creative problem solver; able to deal with complexity and to quickly identify potential solutions and sources of value;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including the ability to link product design and features to strategic objectives and use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate rationale and needed courses of action to engage diverse audiences and influence senior executives;
- Ability to work cross-functionally through influence and sell new ideas/concepts to experienced but less-technical functional leaders.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution is required.
The Product Manager should have 3-5 years of relevant experience in product management, UX design, and/or product innovation with a customer-facing product.
- Base salary
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Advancement and management opportunities
- Community service opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume at: http://careers.hanoverresearch.com/
Why Hanover Research?
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality custom research to clients through an annual, fixed-fee model. The company primarily focuses on serving for-profit companies, higher education institutions, and K-12 school districts. Our status as one of the fastest growing market research firms in the industry is driven by our commitment to client success and focus on internal employee development, respect, and encouragement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.