Hanover Research - Payroll Specialist
Hanover Research is looking to add an experienced Payroll Specialist to our growing company. A prospective employee will have excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic, ability to work independently and within a team, self-assurance and a high sense of integrity, confidentiality and honesty. This opportunity is ideal for an individual accustomed to a fast-paced office environment dealing with multiple offices in multiple states in the US.
The successful candidate will share responsibility for payroll processing, administrative accounting duties such as reviewing, entering and processing bonus/commission payouts and expense reimbursements, credit card reconciliation and timekeeping administration for 350+ employees.
Essential Payroll responsibilities:
Essential Accounting Responsibilities:
- Accurate preparation and submission of semi-monthly payroll using current timecard and payroll / accounting system, Paylocity
- Record keeping and tracking of changes per payroll cycle
- Audit new hires/rehires in Paylocity, including tax withholdings, reimbursements and benefits deductions
- Audit all terminations in Paylocity ensuring accuracy
- Compile, analyze, prepare, and input payroll data using Paylocity to produce accurate and timely payroll
- Monitor Benefit interface to ensure accurate benefit deductions Consistent review of timecards and timecard system maintenance as well as regular salaried payroll
- Prepare payroll reports to include paid time off and holiday balances
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Manage paid time off and holiday tracking systems
- Review various payroll reports and payroll register to ensure accuracy
- Review and process any employee garnishment ensuring compliance with demand served
- Prepare management reporting as requested (benefit deductions, bonuses, etc.)
- Prepare payroll journal entries
- Communicate with third party benefits provider
- Maintain current Payroll System training to ensure and achieve alignment with HR, Benefits, etc.
- Perform general clerical duties as need and for special projects including data entry, filing, faxing, bulk mailings, etc
- Work independently to resolve issues
- Review, code, and process indirect/direct employee expense reports
- Distribute, code, and enter company credit card account reconciliations
- Maintain timekeeping and expense system;
- Occasional filing and special projects including archiving prior year’s accounting records;
- Reconciliation of accounts.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting/finance, or similar field
- A minimum six years of experience in payroll processing
- Effective problem solving and trouble shooting skills with payroll systems
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance functions
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with emphasis placed on accuracy and diplomacy
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Established organization, multi-tasking and prioritization abilities
- Strategic thinker and solutions oriented approach to daily activities
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to problem solve without clear guidelines
- Experience with Paylocity payroll system – not a requirement
- Knowledge of federal and state wage laws
- Knowledge of payroll tax laws
- Experience with Intacct accounting software would be a nice to have
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Experience with Workday highly preferred
- The position requires the minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business, accounting/finance, or in a similar field.
- FPC or CPP or other certification would be preferred but not required
- Minimum experience of 6+ years in experience in a similar role.
How to apply
- Exempt salaried role
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits package
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Merit-based advancement and management opportunities
- Community service opportunities
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to apply at http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2015, 2016, and 2017 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.