Part-Time Corporate Communications Graphic Design Specialist (20 hrs a week)
Hanover Research is a global information services firm providing knowledge support to both for-profit and non-profit organizations. Through our unique, fixed-cost model, we deliver customized, timely, and authoritative research and advice enabling our clients to make informed decisions, identify and seize opportunities, and heighten their effectiveness.
Hanover Research has an opportunity for a dynamic and collaborative In-house Graphic Designer to join our Communications team. This individual must be able to translate Hanover’s research experience into compelling visuals that make our value accessible to audiences. We are seeking an exceptional visual designer with a solid design foundation reflected in your portfolio and experienced in vector graphics design, image manipulation, creating dynamic presentations, and infographics.
Location: Arlington, V.A.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- The candidate is responsible for designing and developing compelling and engaging graphical assets in the Adobe Creative Suite and PowerPoint to support client outreach efforts that communicate complex ideas in a simple and elegant way. Sought is an exceptional visual designer with a solid design foundation reflected in your portfolio and experienced in vector graphics design, image manipulation, creating dynamic presentations, and infographics
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Excellent time-management skills, prioritizing and managing multiple projects; completing work in a timely, accurate, efficient manner
- Possess strong conceptual skills; high-level sense of design, layout, and typography;
a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and have strong organizational skills.
- Develop and execute creative concepts for social media channels, web properties, digital advertising, presentations, signage, event materials, printed materials, etc. Organize and manage creative assets including PDFs, images, photographs and videos, which may include sizing, rendering or compression.
- Must be comfortable working and driving products independently.
- Ensure all imagery and messaging represents the Hanover brand positively
Skills and Requirements
- Major in Graphic Design, Computer Graphics, or related field
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledgeable of web and social media analytics tools, such as Google Analytics.
- Good portfolio of work exhibiting high level of design in layout, composition, typography and color usage
- Ability to execute self and other’s ideas and vision
- Outstanding communication skills-visual, verbal and written
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, manage and meet multiple concurrent deadlines
- Able to work in a positive team-oriented manner with a variety of people
- Able to collaborate with others and take constructive feedback
- Possess strong conceptual skills; high-level sense of design, layout, and typography; a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and have strong organizational skills
- Must be comfortable working and driving products independently
Minimum Education Required:
A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design/Visual Communication or related fields, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
2 years of full-time work experience in design at an agency, freelance, or creative department of a nonprofit organization or business.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your portfolio and resume to: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10277491
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.