Hanover Research – Full Stack Engineer
About Hanover Research
As the second fastest growing market research firm worldwide, Hanover has been recognized as a 2015, 2016, and 2017 American Marketing Association Gold Top 50 Firm and Gold Global Top 50 Firm.
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality, custom research through an annual, fixed-fee model for clients in the corporate, education, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account professionals to deliver a robust service infrastructure that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. The core capabilities that drive Hanover’s research engine include primary research, secondary research, data analysis, and grant development. By enthusiastically fostering an environment of respect, encouragement, and support, we empower our clients and employees to seize opportunities for growth, impact, and advancement.
Hanover Research is actively seeking a Full Stack Engineer with experience developing innovative web applications and performing custom web development. Candidates should be proficient in current and emerging web-based technologies. Candidates must have familiarity with relational databases and experience configuring, optimizing, & deploying to Linux environments. Familiarity and experience with open source applications are a plus.
Location: Washington DC / Arlington, VA
A successful candidate can look forward to the following:
- Designing and implementing exciting new web applications, prototypes, user interfaces, and websites from the ground up.
- Maintaining and supporting existing systems and websites.
- Developing creative, robust, efficient integrations with third party or internal systems.
- Participating in project planning/estimation with the Product Management team.
- Leading best practices, including code reviews, continuous integration and deployment.
- Creatively thinking about how to solve business challenges; with a strong ability to understand and internalize the “big” picture and broader implications.
- Leverage excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to work with a diverse set of colleagues, across functions, disciplines, etc.
- Applying an excitement about learning new technologies, tackling new challenges, paying attention to details, and, ultimately, growing professionally.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or a related field.
- 5+ years related work experience
Nice to Have:
- Designing database-driven applications using databases such as Postgresql, MySQL, SQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, or CouchDB
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing
- Ability to manage a server configuration and deployment setup
- Version control system knowledge with tools like Git or Mercurial
- Knowledge of Data visualization (e.g, Tableau, Kyvos, D3)
- Experience with DevOps, Agile, and Cloud
- Experience with APEX/Force.com
- Data Science experience a plus
- Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same.
- Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
- Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle.
- Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best.
- Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves.
How to Apply
- Competitive base salary
- Starting at 18+ days PTO with unlimited annual rollover
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
- Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
If you feel that you meet these qualifications and are excited by the prospect of working for an established but dynamic company, we encourage you to submit an application through our online portal: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.